Do you think you are a great fit for our team? Tell us why :)
You haven’t found the job description you are looking for - no worries, we don’t hire job descriptions, we hire humans and we are always excited to get to know people who are as passionate about Kubernetes and the whole container landscape as we are.
In order to help you make a decision on whether you think you’d fit in the team perfectly, we want you to have some insights into how we work, think and organise ourselves as a team and company.
Who are we?
Giant Swarm is a fast growing open source infrastructure management platform used by modern enterprises such as adidas or Vodafone. Our vision is to empower developers around the world to ship great products.
We're a distributed, diverse, and growing team spread across Europe. The company is based in Cologne, Germany, where we have a small office in a coworking space. However, only a few people work there. All workflows are created to function remotely - but of course, if you want to visit Cologne, you are more than welcome!
While we are remote first, we appreciate quality time with our co-workers, so we meet in person twice a year for an on-site meeting to work and have fun together. We also meet each other on conferences as we like it to be present in our ecosystem.
Here are some more facts around working with us:
Impact, Impact, Impact!
- We are a remote-first organization with a growing team from 15+ European countries. Every new team member changes the team. This is great! People who know things we don't are highly welcome.
- "It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission" (Grace Hopper) - sure, it's not 100% like this, but we have a strong culture of failure which, is part of our agile mindset. We don't do things like in the guidebook. You can try things out! Our default to 100% transparency will help you here.
- We play a key role in our customers' digital transformation. We have partnered up with Amazon and Microsoft to provide our solution on their cloud platforms - more will follow.
- We have been in this ecosystem from the get-go and as part of the CNCF family, we feel at home in the community. As a part of Giant Swarm, you will also join this extended family.
- Creative work needs freedom and openness. We encourage you to do your work wherever and whenever you want. We expect passion and encourage sustainability. If you need rest, take it. Flexible working hours are crucial for us but please note that your permanent location should be somewhere in Europe.
- We don't count holidays - but we are also aware that this combined with remote work can also lead to working too much. Therefore, we have a minimum holiday policy - meaning, we want you to take holidays regularly and not just 1 or 2 days in half a year ;)
- We are a growing company with team members distributed all over Europe and plans on expanding to the US. Our ambitious goals are only achievable as a team. Everybody's input is highly welcome and appreciated. Although sometimes rules and processes are necessary, we try to keep them as lean as possible. Always question the status quo and find new ways of collaboration and teamwork.
- Currently, the number of kids from our team members outnumbers the number of employees.
- We don't only care about the kids "within" the company, but about the future of all children and our environment - for example, we compensate the carbon of all our flights.
- As an international company, we want to create similar standards for everyone, regardless of location. So, additional perks (for example, a location-aware, fixed amount paid each month to cover costs like co-working, phone contracts or gym memberships), paid parental leave and healthcare compensation are compulsory.
- Learning is mandatory and fun at the same time. If you realize you want to expand your knowledge in a specific area, we support you with conferences, books etc.
- We’ve integrated a thought-through feedback process and our virtual doors are always open if you want to talk to one of us :)
We don’t hire job descriptions. We hire humans! :) We welcome applications from everybody, regardless ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or age. Please note that your permanent place of residence needs to be in Europe. At this stage of the company, we are still too small to operate around the globe.
So now it’s up to you. Let us know why you think you’d fit into our team and what areas you’re most interested in. We don’t expect you to take hours to think about what to write and how to convince us. Speculative applications can be a pain - so to make your life easier, we would like you to answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of who you are, what you’d like to do and how you could make a difference at Giant Swarm. The next pages will guide you through the questions we would like you to answer. To give you a heads-up and in case you want to think about this first, these are the questions we’d like you to answer:
Why do you want to work for Giant Swarm?
What would you like to do for Giant Swarm?
A fun fact we should know about you?
In which area/s can we learn from you?
What are your salary expectations?
Where are you currently located?