We are looking for a Product Owner
- You are responsible for the success of our product ;) But of course, you are not alone. We currently have 4 PO’s and all team members are engaged in the product process.
- You create, order and validate the list of the work that has to be performed. You decide with the other PO’s what will be developed and when, and make strategic product decisions.
- You manage the Product Backlog of your team and write user stories.
- You communicate a clear vision and help the team to prioritize.
- You participate in all development events (Daily StandUp, Planning, Retrospective, Reviews).
- You do proactive stakeholder management (customer, other PO’s, cross functional Dev Teams, other internal departments) and gather requirements, manage expectations and set priorities.
- You ensure that our customer are informed about new features (Documentation, Blog posts, Newsletter, just organization, no content creation!).
- You have at least 3 years of work experience in a tech driven environment and you know stuff about enterprise software, cloud, open source and distributed systems). You can tell us about your experience with kubernetes and infrastructure.
- You find the right tone for all stakeholders. Especially with our cross functional Engineering teams you are available and engaged. (We are currently building a product where we put customer requirements into product requirements and stories which work for a multitude of customers.)
- You can deal with being empowered to make decisions.
- You understand the market, product, business, and any constraints involved.
- You have an understanding of how our product is developed and delivered, you know a lot about agile methodologies but you don’t need to do everything in the guide book.
- You fight for good UX as this is a huge part of our product.
- You are happy to work in a fast changing environment and adapt the way you work according to the current status of the company. We are operating in the evolving container ecosystem; the whole market is highly volatile.
- You don’t need to be a coder, but a basic knowledge of Linux or a little bit of programming will help you to understand what we are doing.
- Having worked with Kubernetes before is a great plus.
- You have excellent English skills. German is a plus.
- We (and our customers) are currently mostly distributed around Europe (around UTC), thus, your main timezone should be somewhere between -2UTC to +2UTC to ensure better communication.
Why we think this Job is cool (challenge us!)
- With Giant Swarm you can have a real impact on a successful product in an evolving market
- You are in love with a special topic? No problem. The way we organize ourselves into SIGs (Special Interest Groups) offers you the freedom to work on things you really love (UX, Security…)
- You don’t have to fight the “am I doing product management or am I a product owner” fight
- Our interdisciplinary teams give you the opportunity to have all internal stakeholders closeby to ensure the best results.
- You don’t need to “manage” the customer and projects
We like to give you a glimpse on how working with is like:
Creative work needs freedom and openness. We encourage you to do your work wherever and whenever you want. We expect passion and encourage sustainability. If you need rest, take it. We don't count holidays - we count outcome.
Our ambitious goals are only achievable as a team. Everybody’s input is highly welcome and appreciated. Although sometimes rules and processes are necessary, we try to keep them as lean as possible. Always question the status quo and find new ways of collaboration and team work.
Learning is mandatory and fun at the same time. If you realize you want to expand your knowledge in a specific area, we support you with conferences, books etc.
We offer fair (transparent and open) salaries with benefits like choosing your own laptop, jobticket, coffee flat, mate etc.. And you will participate in our stock options program. Currently our team members have more children than we are employees. So family friendliness is a must.
We are not hiring job descriptions. We hire humans. :)
We welcome applications from everybody, regardless ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.
Interested? Questions? Coffee? Contact Larissa or apply directly.