We are looking for a Kubernetes Solution Architect
You are the voice of the customer inside Giant Swarm and the voice of Giant Swarm towards the customers, helping both sides to be successful.
- You work closely with customers to understand their architecture and further their understanding of Giant Swarm, helping them to get the most out of our product and the CNCF landscape, master Cloud Native tools like Kubernetes, Prometheus as well as Loki, Helm and others.
- Our solution architects are becoming part of diverse open source communities around tools that our customers need and use, contributing back to those projects where possible. You build and maintain helm charts that might start out as a special project for one customer and end up being a managed service run by all our customers.
- You hold trainings and workshops at conferences, for our existing customers, as well as with Giant Swarm’s potential customers. Do note that the role requires minimum travel as most of our interactions as a fully remote company are via video conferencing.
- Learn from customer's problems with moving to microservices architectures, get your hands dirty and find out what Cloud Native project's entrails look like. The more successful our customers are with the Cloud Native journey, the more successful we are.
- Ultimately, you are also responsible for documentation, helping the product teams implement fixes, prioritizing features and making sure we only need to answer questions once.
- First impressions are important! You help create a great onboarding experience for our customers and become the main point of contact for them.
- To sum it up: Customer Success is all that matters. Within the solution engineering team, we make sure our customers are happy and taking the right steps going forward, at best you anticipate the problems they might face in the future.
- You have experience with more than one programming language, including Go, and a strong architectural background.
- You feel at home in the Kubernetes world, especially the multitude of Open Source tools around Kubernetes and the Container World.
- You can explain complicated things concisely and easily for a diverse audience.
- You have a strong sense in providing an awesome customer service that makes life easier for Developers. Your communication skills (especially written form) are excellent. Very good English skills are a must-have. German skills are a bonus.
- You are open to attend conferences with our team and hold talks in front of customers. You are happy to travel 5-10% per year
- We (and our customers) are currently mostly distributed around Europe (around UTC), thus, your main timezone should be somewhere between -2UTC to +2UTC to ensure better communication.
Why we think this position is worth applying for (challenge us!)
- Impact, Impact, Impact! We are a growing team (from 15+ European countries) and every new team member changes the team. This is great! People who know things we don’t are highly welcome.
- “It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission” (Grace Hopper) - sure, it’s not 100% like this, but we have a strong culture of failure which is part of our agile mindset. We don’t do things like in the guidebook. Hell, our customers choose us because we are building how the guidebook should look in this day and age. You can try things out.
- We play a key role in our customer's digital transformation. We have partnered up with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft to provide our solution on their cloud platforms - more will follow.
- We serve some of Europe's leading organizations and are talking to many more.
What is it like to work at Giant Swarm?
We would like to give you a glimpse on how working with Giant Swarm (we are a fully remote team) is like:
Creative work needs freedom and openness. We encourage you to do your work wherever (some of us travel almost half the year and work from remote islands) and whenever you want (keeping in mind that there are some meetings we would like you to attend). We expect passion and encourage sustainability. If you need rest, take it. If you take up a task, own it. If you see a problem, solve it.
We are a growing company with team members distributed all over Europe and plans on expanding to the US. Our ambitious goals are only achievable as a team. Everybody’s input is highly welcome and appreciated. Although sometimes rules and processes are necessary, we try to keep them as lean as possible. Always question the status quo and find new ways of collaboration and team work.
Learning is mandatory and fun at the same time. If you realize you want to expand your knowledge in a specific area, we support you with conferences, books etc.
We offer fair (transparent and open) salaries with benefits like choosing your own laptop, your choice to work at home or in a coworking space, flexible hours, minimal meetings, transparent communication, etc.. And you will participate in our stock options program. Currently our team members have more children than we are employees. So family friendliness is a must.
We don't hire job descriptions. We hire humans. :)
We welcome applications from everybody, regardless ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.
Interested? Questions? Contact Larissa or apply directly.