We are looking for a Frontend Engineer
Giant Swarm’s mission is to give developers the power and freedom to build the software that runs the world. Developers use Giant Swarm to easily deploy, run, and scale their applications as well as easily collaborate on and share their infrastructure stacks with the community.
Help us build the web interfaces developers will love to come to in order to get their things done!
- Be part of a cross-functional engineering team but with a special responsibility: build exceptional user interfaces for container infrastructure management.
- With your team, you will define the design and architecture of our web applications, build frontend applications, APIs and command-line tools.
- Your focus is the frontend, however, you know that the user experience is affected just as much by APIs and backends, so you are keen to bridge the gap and learn a lot about our backend services. If you already know a bit about server-side application frameworks, databases, message queues and stuff, even better.
- We live a DevOps culture, meaning that you are mostly responsible for testing and running the stuff you build yourself.
- You have experience with several frameworks (React, Redux).
- We (and our customers) are currently mainly distributed around Europe (around CET), thus, your main timezone should be somewhere between +/- 2 hours CET to ensure better communication.
Why we think this Job is cool (challenge us!)
- With Giant Swarm, you can have a real impact on a successful product in an evolving market
- You are in love with a special topic? No problem. The way we organize ourselves into SIGs (Special Interest Groups) offers you the freedom of working on things you really love (UX, Security…)
- You get to work with the newest technologies. We are building a product with all the latest technologies and have been in the ecosystem since very early on
- Our interdisciplinary teams give you the opportunity to have all internal stakeholders closeby to ensure the best results.
- You don’t need to “manage” our external stakeholders.
We like to give you a glimpse at what working with is like:
Creative work needs freedom and openness. We encourage you to do your work wherever and whenever you want. We expect passion and encourage sustainability. If you need rest, take it. We don't count holidays - we count outcome.
Our ambitious goals are only achievable as a team. Everybody’s input is highly welcome and appreciated. Although sometimes rules and processes are necessary, we try to keep them as lean as possible. Always question the status quo and find new ways of collaboration and teamwork.
Learning is mandatory and fun at the same time. If you realize you want to expand your knowledge in a specific area, we support you with conferences, books etc.
We offer fair (transparent and open) salaries with benefits like choosing your own laptop, job ticket, coffee flat, mate etc.. And you will participate in our stock options program. Currently, our team members have more children than we are employees. So family-friendliness is a must.
We are not hiring job descriptions. We hire humans. :)
We welcome applications from everybody, regardless of ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.
Interested? Questions? Coffee? Contact Larissa or apply directly.